GOTC: Complete Course Structure
Complete GOTC Course and Content Structure
Module 1 – Basics of Trading
- What are stocks?
- What is a stock market/exchange?
- Basics of buying and selling stocks – when to buy and sell?
- What is a portfolio? How can you build yours?
- What are Portfolio returns?
- What is Diversifying?
Module 1 Assessment
Module 2 – Stock Exchanges and Stock Market Myths
- Indian and International Stock Exchanges
Module 2 Assessment
Module 3 – Key Financial Ratios
Stock prices and fluctuations – internal and external factors
Key Financial Ratios – what they mean and how you can use them
- Price Earnings Ratio
- Earnings Per Share Ratio
- Dividend Yield Ratio
- Return on Equity Ratio
- Debt to Equity Ratio
- Identifying if a stock is under-valued or over-valued
Module 3 Assessment
Module 4 – Fundamental Analysis – Qualitative and Quantitative
- What is Fundamental Analysis?
- What are the key qualitative measures to evaluate and how with examples
- Business Model
- Industry Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Share
- What are the key Quantitative measures to evaluate and how with examples?
- Analyzing the Balance Sheet
- Analyzing the Cash Flow Statement
- Analyzing the Income statement
- Key ratios and their analysis
Module 4 Assessment
- What is Technical Analysis?
- Difference between Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Support and Resistance
- Importance of Volumes
- Types of charts
- Reading and analyzing charts, chart patterns and movements
- Trends and price movements
- TrakInvest – Technical Analysis Chart demo
- Moving averages
- Indicators and Oscillators
Module 6 – Value Investing (Coming Soon)
- What is value investing?
- How and why do stocks become undervalued?
- Discounted Cash Flows – Calculations and Examples
- Calculating Intrinsic value
- Finding value across Financial reports
- Understanding the risks of value investing